Saturday, July 27, 2013

Kick in the Butt

I wrote on here not long ago about having an EKG done, but I neglected to follow up after I went to a doctor to discuss.

I've been having dizzy spells for 2 or 3 months.  Two of the events were pretty significant, as in all I could do was fall into bed and pray for the world to stop spinning .... the rest have been the kind that hit you hard and fast and fade away.

I've also been having a lot of swelling in my lower right leg and ankle along with vague issues like fatigue and general "not feeling well."

Then came the chest pains that eventually sent me to the walk-in clinic.

After going to the doctor I think I know why the clinic simply looked at me and said "Yeah, you need to go to the ER, even though we don't see anything "remarkable" on your EKG" ... the new doctor told me that EKG looked like what you'd expect from a long time opium user.   Uh, what??

She did an EKG herself  and did tell me it wasn't good.  She said that was all she wanted to talk about for now, because it was one test and looking at just one piece of a puzzle just caused stress and upset.  She ordered a slew of blood tests and said we'd discuss it all when I get back from my vacation.

I have no idea what is going on, I admit to being a little frightened.   Not a lot though.  It is what it is and I'll deal with it.

Weird, just a few months ago I decided to take control of my health and I have started eating MUCH better, I've lost weight, I've been exercising .... but I think the last 20+ years of abuse is about to come kick me in my dumb ass.



No comments: