Saturday, July 20, 2013

Abnormal ECG

Yeah, if you ever have one of those do not come home and "google" the results .... because that alone will give you a heart attack!  HA.

Seriously, I've been having dizzy spells for a few weeks, along with swelling in my right leg/foot/ankle.   Earlier this week I had a sudden pain in the upper part of my left chest.  It felt almost like a 'shock' or 'twinge' that lasted only seconds, so I shrugged it off.

It happened again yesterday, at work, and I attributed it to stress.   After about 10 minutes or so the feeling changed from the twinge to what felt like ice running through my veins.  It felt heavy.  Like heavy ice ... just felt weird, if that makes sense.   After about an hour or so of that feeling I started to feel a heaviness there ... not the "elephant" everyone wants about, but more like a rock.  A heavy rock.

After 2 or 3 hours I decided to go to our walk-in clinic .... they did an ECG that was abnormal but said that because that was the only diagnostic tool they really had I needed to go to the ER to have my enzymes tested.

I didn't go.   The ER on Friday nights is a nightmare.   I've decided to make an appointment with a regular dr instead and take it from there.

I also decided to STOP googling the terms used on the ECG because they were freaking me out!  HA.  

I honestly think I am just fine but due to my dad's recent stroke and the reminders of how many of his issues are hereditary I felt I had to err on the side of caution.  

No comments: