Monday, August 12, 2013

My Kids

I am blessed with wonderful kids!  Very polite, well mannered and most important - kindhearted.  They both make me very proud.  Neither was "difficult" to raise and we always, always got compliments on their behavior and sweetness, from strangers, family and friends and teachers/school faculty.

Boychild is 22 and, as I've said before, a police officer (K-9) in the town where he was born and raised.  Sometimes I worry about his sweetness disappearing with that job (pretty common occurrence, unfortunately), but so far, so good.   He is dating a young woman who seems to love him a lot.  He never really had a "relationship" in high school or after (that I know of, lol), although, of course, he did date.  He takes relationships seriously and I feel like it took this long for him to find the girl he felt he was ready to be public with.   She has a sweet little boy who crawled right up in my lap the first time he met me and I hope, that if this is best for them all, that their relationship grows and grows.

Girlchild is 19 and starting her 3rd semester of college in a couple of weeks.  She lives with me and has dated a really good young man for 2 years now.  Unlike her brother she has had "relationships" and the first two were turds who I wouldn't mind giving a beat down to.   Her boyfriend pretty much lives with us. Not everyone agrees with this lifestyle, but I'd much rather them be here than for her to be in his dorm room with people I don't know .... plus they both give my household happiness and joy.  Until he moved in I never would have guessed I'd be "OK" with it but ... I am and I feel like those who judge our lives simply do not matter!

The only thing I wish about/for my kids is that they'd get along better.  They talk sooooo ugly to each other :-(   It really breaks my heart.   They love each other and would protect each other in a SECOND, but when they are together it is just ugly tones and snapping.   Maybe they'll outgrow it?

I'm just so proud of them, they are who they always were, even as babies.  He is a night owl and she needs a LOT of sleep.  He is sweet and she is spunky, but sweet when necessary.  She is a crack-up and he is the kind who comes out of NO-WHERE with a comment that makes you laugh out loud.

Goodhearted, sweet and kind -- what mama could ask for more???  <3

No comments: